January 2022 is here! It seems like the first week of the year is already going by fast. My calendar is already starting to fill out just a bit with planned activities and a couple of things that I would like to start on.
- I will be starting ‘project exercise’ this month. I have decided that it is better that I get up early in the morning to exercise rather than after a full day of work. I plan to start off light and slow because I don’t want to burn myself out trying to make it feel like exercise is my lifestyle.
- I have booked a couple of self-care appointments. At times, I like to be able to relax and receive the services that I feel are beneficial to my mental health.
- My bookclub will be meeting virtually to discuss Year of Yes written by Shonda Rhimes. I pushed hard to get this book on the list this year because I was late with my submissions haha. So it is a must I attend and be ready to serve a good discussion.
- One of the women from my bookclub is hosting a kick boxing class as part of her birthday weekend events. She has invited all of us to attend and I’m excited about it.
- I am thinking about going to visit my parents for a couple of days this month and try to get a few things done with my mom.
- I am aiming to get get off work on time so that I can get home and not feel like all I have time to do is eat, shower, and go to bed. I would like to feel that the evening does allow me the time to do other things.
- I will start waking up earlier on the weekends so I can be more productive and it not seem as though my weekend went by so fast. Right now I am getting up around 9am and after breakfast, shower, and laying around a bit it’s somehow 1pm.
- I have already started to plan out content for the remainder of the month as well as February. My goal is to be more consistent with my blog and social media presence. The social media presence will be the biggest challenge because I have never been someone who posts a lot. I will get there…work in progress.
- I almost forgot, I’ve seen some people mention having a no buy January challenge where only essentials can be purchased. I am thinking about participating but I haven’t committed 100% quite yet. I keep thinking oooo what if there is a good sale on something I have had my eyes on haha.
Happy New Year!
Casey AndersonJanuary 7, 2022
You mention some great challenges. Some I said yes and others I shrugged my shoulders ♀️.