When is the last time you practiced self-care?
Have you ever practiced self-care?
Self-care is defined as the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one’s own health.
This past weekend I had a self-care session with myself. I turned on my music, poured a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon (Decoy to be exact), and gave myself an amazing facial. It had been a while since I had given myself a facial but it reminded me to never go that long again.
There are so many ways that you can practice self-care and I definitely encourage everyone to do it. Self-care is that thing that allows you to hit the ‘reset button’ and check in with yourself. I check in with myself often to truly be sure I am in a good space. I always say if you are not in a good space mentally, physically, and emotionally how can you be the best version of yourself.
So, there are no set rules on what you should be doing as self-care. I do believe that it should be that thing that relaxes and makes you feel good.
Here are a few ideas on way to practice self-care:
- Go for a walk outside – putting the body in motion and getting some fresh air on a daily is a must.
- Enjoy a hot beverage – prepare coffee, tea, hot chocolate, warm water with lemon.
- Read a book
- Take a bath
- Catch up with friends – it is good to sit and laugh with those you care about. Virtually is an option.
- Retail therapy – oh yes, this is a form of self-care just be careful not to overindulge
- Watch a movie – put on that 2-3 hour movie you have been putting off.
- Do a face mask
- Do a fun skincare routine
- Bake/Cook a new recipe
- Try a new hairstyle
- give yourself a manicure
- Journal about your day
- Make some DIY body scrubs – super easy to make
I hope this list gave you a few ideas or maybe even reminded you of what you have done as self-care in the past. If you have stopped or never started self-care, get on it!
Until next time, be good to yourself and others.