I took a break from letting you all know what goes on with me from week to week during this COVID-19, but I thought it was time to bring a few highlights of what went on in my life during Week 13 of #socialdistancing, #washyourhands, and #backbackgiveme6feet.
I make it a point to always cook dinner on Sunday so that I can roll into the week with some leftovers haha. Sometimes Mondays can be a bit of a drag and I can find myself being lazy in the kitchen. I usually cook a large meal to include a type of seafood/poultry, veggies, rice. Well, last Sunday I took it back to sloppy joes and roasted potatoes. Yes, I did!!! I don’t know why but I had a taste for it and it was simple to make.
Amazon Has My Attention
Are you looking for something? Amazon has everything. They even have things that you didn’t even know you needed. You do have to be careful that you don’t get sucked into the gimmicky products that seem convenient and cool but you really aren’t going to use but a few times.
I’ve been placing orders here and there of things that I have been needing/wanting and these are some of my faves from this week.
- Desk Cover Protector – Between the dust and possibly damaging my desk, I decided to purchase this plastic cover for protection. I have only it had on for a week and I really do like it. The protector isn’t super thick and I like that it doesn’t make my desk look bulky.
- While I was at it, I decided to hook up my new printer that I recently ordered online during Memorial weekend. My mom told me I needed to get a printer and how did I not have one. I honestly never felt the need to own a printer since college. I had even friends in shock when I told them I had purchased a printer. Who knew having a printer was a thing? I surely didn’t 😂
- Last year I decided to purchase a few pairs of glasses while still living in Singapore because you truly couldn’t beat the price. Of course, with each pair came a case. While I do appreciate the durable cases it started to be a bit much having to open and close them every day to find the pair of glasses that I wanted to wear that day. Throwing them on a tray next to my bed wasn’t the answer either. I went on Amazon and searched for eye glass storage and found this simple yet cute case that I can put both my eye glasses and shades. I like that it already has dividers and fits all sizes.
- Credit Report – When is the last time you ran your credit report? I did mine this week because I hadn’t ran my this year and I said why not now. Annual Credit Report gives free annual credit reports. They also state: “During these times of COVID-19, accessing your credit is important. That’s why Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion are now offering free weekly online reports through April 2021.“
- Saturday morning I was invited to a group via zoom that discussed friendships between women. It was good to hear the views of many women from a range of ages and different walks of life. We were given the homework to reach out to our friends and do a self evaluation with them on how are we as friends and what we can do to maintain a healthy friendship.
What else was I up to?
- Exercise – trying to maintain this thing called health
- Netflix – The Blacklist
- Facetime/Zoom with family and friends
- Virtual Book club meetings yes meetingS with an s
- Grocery shopping – Whole Foods as I hadn’t been there in awhile
- I did not take 1 nap all week!!!
As some states have started to phase back into what used to be a normal life, the world as a whole is not what it use to be. Just when the tension of COVID-19 was starting to ease it seems the entire world is now finally being faced with the inequality and unfair treatment of the black race that has gone on for far too long. With recent events that have resulted in countless deaths in the black community, it is now being forced to have that conversation in the world. There is so much that I can say but I’ll simply say that it is about time. I truly hope that from all the good that everyone is doing there will be changes for the better and everyone will be educated in some way that gives them knowledge to move a bit different in this world.
Until next time, be good to yourself and others.
You may encounter many defeats but you MUST NOT be defeated – Dr. Maya Angelou