Who is still at home? Me too!!! I am a homebody but I prefer to be able to say when I want to stay home. As I was coming out of week 2 of #stayhomeI almost had a ‘Let Me Out Of Here!!!’ moment. I called my mother and a friend of mine and got back on track.
Fast forward I am now at 5 weeks and I know for some of you it has been longer.
Now it may start to be a challenge on ways to stay productive and keep yourself busy. I hope you find this list helpful.
- Take an online course – There are so many universities that are offering free classes during this time. Why not sign up for something you have always been interested in. I have a friend currently taking a language course. If a university is not offering what you are looking for try YouTube.
- Organize your closet- This is something that I have broken down into 3 sections. Fall/Winter, Spring/Summer, Shoes. There was no way I could do my entire closet in one swoop.
- Check your medicine – double check that you are not holding onto expired medications.
- Create a photo book and organize your photos – now is the time to print and organize all those celebrations and put them into photos. If you don’t want to make your own, there are online companies that will do it for you.
- Learn a new language – this goes back to taking an online or YouTube
- Work on your taxes – I know the tax deadline has been extended but that does not mean you have to wait until 3 days before they are due to get them complete. Make it a goal to finish them sooner than later.
- Vacuum your vehicle – Make your way to the garage to clean out your car and vacuum. There has to be a fast-food cup, store receipts, shoes, or all of the above in your car.
- Vacuum the inside of your lint dryer – Sounds a bit crazy to some but something that should be done every once in a while.
- Do a face & hair mask – Since we can’t get to the spa, bring it to you. During my Week 3: #StayHome I decided to do a foot mask. Get your hair and face products and pamper yourself.
- Make sauces and preserves – Find some recipe to make up sauces and preserves that you can use in the future.
- Wills, trusts, investments – Work on any of these now. How many times have you said you would do this later?
- Go outside for a walk – Do not forget to get some fresh air.
If you missed my last post on ways to stay productive click here.
Also, catch up with a few highlights of my #stayhome.
Until next time…
Try to live a normal life as much as you can within our new ‘normal’.
What do you think?