There is no way possible to not know that we are in a state where self-isolation and social distancing is highly encouraged due to COVID-19. For some, I know this can be a challenge as you thrive from being around friends and family constantly. Others who are already a homebody have no adjustment period. Whichever way you fall I am here to bring you a list of productive things to do during this time.
- Organize your computer/laptop files – I don’t know how many times I have said I needed to organize my documents and pictures.
- Descale your coffee maker – you know how you keep clicking ‘okay’ or ‘clear’ to move past the descale warning. Go ahead and do that now.
- Give yourself a mani-pedi – I know you want to go to the salon but now is not a good time. Pamper yourself like my girlfriend did before her boo came over. ; )
- Meal plan for the next two weeks – Take out those recipes you never have time to try and get to it.
- Start a new book series – Pull a book from your shelf or download to read/ listen to a book you have been wanting to read. My book club has accelerated our reading schedule and we plan to video chat once a week on 2-3 chapters at a time.
- Spring declutter – what better time to spring clean. Make a pile of things you are ready to donate and give away.
- Create playlists of your favorite music – You can have fun with this one. You can create a workout, road trip, cooking, or nighttime wind down playlists.
- Create space on your desk/workspace – shred those old documents, file away those you want to keep, and take stuff off that doesn’t belong. Clean space, clear thoughts.
- Start a YouTube workout challenge – Can’t get to the gym for a couple of weeks? Don’t sweat it. Get on YouTube and subscribe to some home workouts. There are even some companies offering free downloads during this time.
- Clear your inbox – Great time to go through all your emails to delete and respond to those you have put off. Delete those you don’t need any longer. What a feeling to see zero…at least for a little while before spam finds you.
- Deep clean your kitchen – Organize your kitchen drawers, clean your dishwasher, deep clean microwave and oven. Roll the refrigerator and oven from the wall and vacuum/mop.
- Organize and delete phone photos – Create albums for your phone photos and delete those you don’t want anymore. Need space on your phone? A USB drive can help with that.
What have you done to be productive during this time?
I will be back to share more!!!
Until next time… Try to live a normal life as much as you can within our new ‘normal’.
Check out a few highlights of my #stayhome.
CaseyApril 8, 2020
I am teleworking which is so new for me.
brittanyinsiderApril 9, 2020
Don’t forget to get up, walk around, and get fresh air.