What Did You Do This Weekend?

When I’m not working, on vacation, or adulting at my place, I go home. I am talking home to my parents. Over the years of doing this thing called life, independently, the home has become my hideout spot. It’s the place where I get to reset and recharge. With all the places I have traveled to in the world, there is not a more relaxing place than home.

Now that I have moved closer to home since October 2019, I have been home every month. I know it doesn’t seem that long ago but I have no plans of slowing down. I told my parents they are going to think I have moved back in because they are going to see me that much. They laughed but I am sooooo serious. I’m home now while doing this post on a Thursday. Yes, I took Wednesday – Friday off and I’m home. Next week I will be on vacation and I wanted to come here first. I needed to lay eyes on them before I traveled out of the country.

I was going to give you all a what goes on in my weekends when I am at my place but it seems I won’t be there for the next couple of weekends so I’m here to give you a little bit of what goes on when I come home.

Wednesday – 26 February 2020

  • I was on 85 North by 10:45 am with a grande smoked butterscotch latte and cheese danish from Starbucks. There was hardly anyone on the highway so the drive was amazing.
  • I did my routine stop at Target that I count as my restroom break. With me going on vacation I decided to pick up a few items I know I needed to replenish such as travel-size Lysol, wipes, laundry packets, snacks, etc. With me being on this no-buy clothes, shoes, accessories, and beauty my trips to Target have become shorter. I will be honest I did go looking for some E.L.F. lip lacquers and of course, they were sold out and it was meant to be that way lol.
  • My Dad called to check on me and make sure I wasn’t dragging out my drive. He doesn’t mess around on the road, He only stops for gas and food and if he times it right they happen together and I think he can’t believe that I can stop for an hour or more during a road trip and be good with it.
  • I pulled into the garage at 5:20 pm to an empty house as my parents hadn’t made it home yet. I forgot to text them so my mom was ringing my phone soon after.
  • Once my mom got home we talked a bit and called it a night as she had to go to work and I had to actually wake up for a dentist appointment…so I thought.


Thursday – 27 February 2020

  • 9:30 am my alarm went off and my mom had already woke me once to say she was leaving for work. My Dad had dipped out early as well.
  • I was out of the house by 10:50 am for an 11:15 am scheduled dentist appointment. I still like to come home to for my regular teeth cleaning when I can.
  • I arrived to learn that they had scheduled me incorrectly and my appointment was Friday at 11:15 am. Well, this wouldn’t have been a problem if my optometry appointment wasn’t Friday at 11:00 am.
  • The dentist was able to schedule me for 9:15 am on Friday. Ooooo talk about early in the morning. I am not a morning person and I just hoped I could get up and be in a good enough mood to have someone so close in the morning.
  • I left the dentist and went to Marshall’s. I was in search of new pillowcases and a brush holder for my skincare brushes. The previous holder was part of a bathroom I had given away during my move. I peeped over to the shoes to just take a look and ended up with a pair in my cart. I knowwwww I was doing so good. I don’t own a pair of mule shoes though and they were less than $30 so I approved.
  • I then went over to the clothes and looked at a few t-shirts and tank tops. I realized with living in Singapore and being so hot I lived in dresses and didn’t bother with shorts much so I have been lacking in t-shirts and tank tops. I also justified this browsing with in need of a few tank tops for my vacation next. I only ended up with a black t-shirt replacing the faded one I had packed for my trip home.
  • After Marshall’s I made my way to Food Lion to grab a few items for dinner. I made lasagna for dinner. I really wanted to pair it with red wine but the last time I was home I took all my red wine to my place. I was in luck however because dry white wines go well with lasagna and I did leave a bottle of sauvignon blanc. So there it was lasagna, garlic bread, sauvignon blanc. I also made sweet tea for my parents.
  • After dinner, my mom and I chilled around the house doing some DIY projects and watched a few YouTube videos. We all had to get up early in the morning so we didn’t stay up as late as we wanted. 12:00 am we were lights out.


Friday- 28 February 2020

  • Read it and read it clear. The struggle was real getting up for the 9:15 am dentist appointment. I know you are thinking but you go to work earlier than that. Yes, I do but this wasn’t work so I didn’t feel as committed to getting up lol. I felt there was some flexibility like canceling the appointment but I made it. My incentive was Starbucks. Well, they seemed to be behind and I only had enough to stop and get gas before making my 11:00 am optometry appointment.
  • Both appointments went well and from there I made my way to Panera Bread for a very late lunch. I had half soup broccoli cheddar and half salad green goddess cobb. I took the book in that I’m currently reading and made it through another chapter.
  • Guess where to next? Target!!! Yes, I have an addiction. I went to Target and picked up and iced coffee from Starbucks and shorts for my vacation next week. The shorts I have now are only made for the beach ane around the house. I needed some with a more relaxed fit and a few more inches in length.
  • I also stopped by White House Black Market but they didn’t have any tempting spring wear out, not that I could but it anyway. However, I am getting pretty good at this window shopping. It also gave me a chance to catch up with one of my favorite store managers. After I told her about my trip she told me not to buy a single item and save my money. I appreciated her not trying to push something on me.
  • From there I made my way home but not before stopping to pick up some ice cream for the apple pie my mom had put in the oven that evening,
  • My parents and I showered and it was Netflix time.
  • My mom and I left my Dad up as we both planned to get up early tomorrow. She had somewhere to be at 9:30 am and I had plans of meeting her right after to do a little research at Best Buy for a new computer. I also had a 12 pm hair appointment I had to get to. We were lights out at 11:45 pm.


Saturday – 29 February 2020 – Leap Year!!!

  • I was up and out of the house by 9:30 to meet my mom at Best Buy. We were able to narrow it down to 2 computers and we walked out with a printer.
  • Afterward, we grabbed lunch and then I made it to my 12:00 pm hair appointment. In preparation for my vacation next week. Don’t worry I’ll be sharing pictures.
  • I was home by 7:00 pm after stopping by a few stores.
  • My Dad was home preparing dinner for Sunday so I could get on the road before 5:00 pm. I try not to drive too long in dark.
  • The rest of the night we sat around the house talking and laughing. My mom and I were lights out by 11:00 pm.


Sunday – 1 March 2020

  • Church
  • Early early dinner
  • I packed some leftovers and my Dad made me some pulled chicken I could freeze and eat after my vacation and a few more times. : )
  • I was on the road by 4:30 pm going 85 south.


So see, I do have normal weekends where I do chill and take it easy. Coming home is one of my favorite types of weekends. Especially when I make it into a long weekend such as this one.

Until next time, take care of yourself. I will be on vacation


Subscribe so you don’t miss a post
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates!

What do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Comments Yet.

Bye Bye Empties – Project Empty 2020
What Did You Do This Weekend?