Days leading up to Christmas and the day of when all the presents are opened there is still fun to be had.
I know there are sports and Christmas movies to watch but for those who want to play games with family friends here are a few.
Candy Cane Fishing
You will need 2 packages of Candy Canes plus a candy cane for each player to hold in their mouth.
- Pile the candy canes up
- Players will need to use 1 candy cane as a hook. With the candy cane in their mouth – curved section at the bottom…
- With hands behind their backs – They will have to pick up as many candy canes as they can and transfer them to a given area in 1 minute!
- The team with the most transferred candy canes wins. Honestly, it might just be one!
Build A Snowman
Each person takes a turn rolling the die until the first person builds their snowman.
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Candy Cane Cards
The more people that play the more fun the game will be. Everyone can sit at a round table or on the floor.
- The goal of the game is to get four cards of a kind.
- Arrange the Candy Canes in a small circle.
- Throughout the game, you will use one less candy cane then the number of people playing. For instance, if you have five people, you will have four candy canes.
- The dealer will pass out four cards to each player. Once everyone has their four cards the dealer will place the remaining deck face down and draw a card off the top of the deck (having five cards in the dealer’s hand).
- The dealer will then discard one card face down to the person to his or her left. This will continue around the table with each person picking up the card passed to them and then discarding a card to their left.
- The very last person will create a “garbage pile.” In the event that the dealer goes through the whole deck, then the “garbage pile,” will be used to draw from.
- The first person to get four of a kind will take a candy cane. This is the fun part. You can try to be sneaky about it and see if anyone notices, sometimes the game will keep going a few passes before anyone notices, or you can just dive in and claim it.
- Once the first candy cane is taken everyone must scramble to grab a candy cane. Like musical chairs, someone will be left in the dust. Either way, it is a blast and sure to be hysterical!
- The person left without a candy cane gets an elimination letter, “C.” Once the word C-A-N-D-Y (Shorter Version) or C-A-N-D-Y C-A-N-E-S is spelled out that person is out of the game.
What are some games that you and your family play?